Friday, September 4, 2009

How Dumb Can Art Directors be? Part 2

In yesterday's post I edited out a smarmy line about how people still weren't cracking a lot of Hitler jokes, even 60 years later. I realized it didn't contribute much so I cut it.

But I just came across this doozy. And what a doozy it is. The DDB Brasil ad was insensitive and misdirected, but I actually think Das Committee, who made this Hitler ad, are just plain stupid. Seriously, who comes up with this shit? And worse yet, thinks it's a good enough idea to actually approve it?

I get PR. It's part of what I do every day. People say outrageous shit to get attention. In fact it's the single biggest problem with the blogsphere. But I understand taking the Marilyn Manson approach to delivering a message. Just maybe try to have an idea that makes sense or even has an ounce of thought behind it before you try to shock the world. Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment